It doesn’t matter what sort of business you’re running — you could be a plumber in the middle of Timbucktoo, or a beekeeper in the fields of France — you’re going to need content. It can be anything: a simple write-up to tell people who you are and what you do, a series of blog posts, an eBook, even an e-mail-based course explaining your line of work. Content is what helps people notice you.
It’s like word of mouth in text format and Google is the one passing the message along.
What’s in it for you?
The average person spends less than 30 seconds on a page before deciding hey, this isn’t (or is) for me, and buggering off.
You have that limited time to convince people that your business can help them, that you know what you’re talking about, and that you’re actually really good at what you do.
You can’t do that if you don’t show up on Google, and you can’t show up on Google if you don’t have anything for anybody to read.
Here’s what happens when your site is kept up-to-date with great content:
- Google realizes your site is active!
- Google decides to start showing your site to more people who search for stuff that’s relevant to your site (“plumbers in Timbucktoo”)
- More people start visiting your site!
- Some of those people even start contacting you.
Congrats, you’re now pulling in more business!
How can I help?
- Edit and re-write your site’s content to make it more attractive to Google (and add the info you need to be giving)
- Write web pages, blog posts, or eBooks
- Write other marketing materials for your business – such as flyers or pamphlets
- Advise you on how you should be getting your message out there and what we can do about it